Thursday, October 3, 2013

We are working on writing more powerful personal narratives in class.  I am reading through their first drafts and they are so good, I wanted to share some snippets here.

Excerpts from Our Writing:

"This place is where I feel free of all my worries.  My grandparents are there, inside their house, watching us with delight from our worriless fun.  We boat with them, my hair blowing within the strong breeze.  In the winter we sled our hearts out down the hill." - Rory

"'Zia!  Nooo!!!' I cried with desperation in my voice.  Thankfully, the car slowed down and scared Zia onto the sidewalk.  While Ashley and Jade were trying to grab Zia, I saw a car zoom by so fast.  It was too fast.  I thought to myself, 'What if Zia was in the road while that car was coming?'  I shuddered as the thought sifted through my brain." - Abby

"But instead Sarah went onto the bed and stood there for a couple seconds.  She took a deep breath.  Suddenly, she did a back handspring!  "I can do that!" I said.  I got on to the bed and took a deep, deep breath and..."  - Lina

"Logan and I felt scared.  This was our first bridge jump.  My heart was pounding.  Hard.  Then everyone climbed over the railing.  All of a sudden, the countdown started.  3, 2, 1, GO!  We leapt off.  It felt like my heart was going to explode!  My friends and I crashed into the water.  When I kicked up and my head came out of the water, I smiled."  - Eli

No comments:

Post a Comment