Sunday, October 6, 2013

Here are more excerpts from our fabulous writers:

"'Can I swim?' 'Can I swim?'  I ask as I come down the stairs with my suit on.  'Yes,' my parents say as they make breakfast.  I sprint as fast as I can and dive into the pool.  Everything goes silent.  When I'm in the water, I'm free.  I can do whatever I want in my pool.  Back flips, front flips, handstands - everything!"  - McCenzy

"We watched the sky.  Whenever I look up at the sky, I feel like I am floating.  Floating up into the sky.  It always makes my stomach do a somersault.  I can fly, for like 2 seconds, and that is by jumping off the swing and falling and waving my arms like crazy.  The clouds were moving fast today.  I tried to find shapes."  - Emma

"One hot summer day, I woke up to my alarm clock at 6:30 in the morning.  I got dressed into my bathing suit and I literally glided down the stairs and my heart was pounding.  My mom and my younger brother were making pancakes.  I raced to the cabinet to get utensils and plates.  I set the table with alarming hands."  - Marcello

No comments:

Post a Comment