Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Instead of, "Learning to ride a bike without training wheels was hard", Emerson said, "Crash!  Bang!  Smash!  I tumbled into the basketball hoop.  "Ugh!" I groaned.  This was the tenth time I crashed today."

Instead of, "The roller coaster was scary", Abby says, "But if I knew how horrible it would be, I would have started kicking and screaming to get out and live.  As we started up the slope, I heard the ticking.  Tick, tick, tick, tick.  It was counting down to the time I died."

Instead of, "I was scared on the ride", Rory writes, "'Ahhh!'  Everyone screamed on the ride.  Everyone except for me.  I had my eyes sealed shut and was as quiet as a mouse that can squeak.  I felt my mother's warm hand and knew I was safe."

"We slowly crept up the stairs.  No one was supposed to be home but us.  We looked around.  Nothing.  I looked over at the tv.  Off.  Everything was in its place.  Everything.  I looked at Nathan and Nathan looked at me.  Everything was in its place but one thing."  - Aidan

"The cart was amazing.  It was blue, a beautiful light blue, with flames.  It was the inside that scared me.  No harness. No safety.  Nothing.  And I was in the front."  - Emma

No comments:

Post a Comment